Monday, March 10, 2014

"Happy"

Here is a link to my podcast!

Belief Statement
These days people are always trying to make other people happy. A quote I live by is "Make yourself happy before making others happy." Not enough people know how to do this; their whole life they have lived to get positive attention from other people. There have been plenty of times that I have gone by this quote. In breaking up with girls, playing certain sports, and my friends.
In 7th grade I was between playing lacrosse for the first time and playing baseball for my sixth year in a row. I was always asked to play lacrosse but never really thought of trying it. After a boring experience in baseball I was almost positive I was going to play lacrosse. My friends from past years of baseball really tried to get me to play again. Baseball and lacrosse are a sport rivalry, like the more common one football and soccer. To baseball players going from baseball to lacrosse was like going to the dark side. Even though there was a lot of peer pressure to play baseball, I pushed that aside and did what would make me happy. Making that choice took me to where I am now: potentially starting at middy or attack on varsity. I'd say I made the right choice. 
When I decided to play football, I thought about that quote. When you're young you have a lot of options with what you want to play . I played soccer for a year in kindergarten and did well, but didn't like it. I switched to football and loved it from the first day. I played tight end my first year, then played quarterback from 4th grade to now. Everything about the sport and my position I love. I can't wait for the next two years of my football career.
There are plenty of more things I've done that apply to my belief but those are my two examples I chose and the two I think I was most satisfied with in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment